Sunday, January 21, 2018

Well, I made a soap using my soap dough caning to get the fine stripes. That layer, which I showed in the last post, is the bottom layer. I like the effect although I remain hesitant about whether I made the best use of it with the rest of the design. Nonetheless, someone will be very happy to use these bars.

I am waiting for my new batch of dough to come of age and then I will be trying some other things with it, related to but not exactly like caning. I will say that for all the work that goes into it, it is likely best used to add a small effect or just an element to a soap. Hand-manipulating enough dough to make a number of bars is not something I would do regularly, although I would not hesitate to do it for a special batch, if I had a really good idea. That would be a 4 bar batch most likely, rather than anything large.




I wish it were easier to show the lines in the other soap but I can't get them on camera. They do make for some pretty curls and cut-off though.





1 comment :