Sunday, November 15, 2015

A sorry week for soap making

Wow. I got one good soap from a week of soap making. I hope people are in the mood to accept some less-than perfect soaps in a month or two; I have to get rid of everything eventually.

I was trying drop swirls and swirling. I am not at all good at drop swirls. In the end, I tried making a soap I saw that I loved and sometimes trying to reproduce something teaches you more than winging it without the model. Such was the case for me with this. I made 4-5 other soaps but none had the right drops and certainly none of them turned out well except for my copycat version. I am thankful to the person who made the soap I first saw. They used only paprika to get their base color, so I sued paprika-infused oil, paprika, a bit of red brick oxide and a discoloring FO. I got some water difference effects in the white and black, which I really like.

This is all I got for a whole week of soaping!





No comments :

Post a Comment