Saturday, September 10, 2016



Tried again, this time doing a Ribbon pour into a black background, and made a double sided soap. I of course used purportedly non-accelerating FO's which didn't go as planned. On one side, my black got pudding thick, so in order to pour the ribbon in such a way that it would go the bottom of that pour (or to the middle of the bar, once made), I had to make a trail for it with a finger while pouring just behind it. Thank you BB Amber. The colors got more mixed and muddied by the end, but parts of it turned out well. Thank you BB Orange Peel. For the other side, the black stayed nice and liquid (Thank you BB Amber- go figure) but then my colors started thickening and got apple saucy (Thank you BB Chamomile which is usually very well-behaved) and it became clear that no matter how long I soak my back-up TD, I will end up with clumps. I won't complain though because I ended up with kind of a deep space feel to the less defined side, which I like, and since the two sides look quite different, it will give the user more variety than I  had thought this soap would.

I now have to go look up deep space photos so I can try some different colors, but no doubt I will fail to get the same effect because, you know, it's soap.









No comments :

Post a Comment