Friday, October 21, 2016

I thought I would show some cut pics of the double-sided soap made from these two, which I recently posted.



I have had soaps that I like in the mold, all as a piece, but then I feel like the cut bars don't have as much interest and vice versa. I wasn't certain I would like many but the more heavily patterned ones and the bars along the sides would suffer. I knew one bar would be extremely boring on one side and I was right.

Here are the bars with side number one from the top soap shown first and then the reverse side, from the second soap.

I'm afraid to say that you are BORING, side number one! Thankfully I can see by the sides of the bar, that there is much more going on just below the surface so in use it will perk up. In its current state, it is somewhat redeemed, as a bar of soap goes, by side number two.






These are nice and gentle in pattern on side number one. I didn't think I would like the fade out of the lines on the second side when I looked at the soap as a whole, but in bar form, I really like the effect of the lines blurring into almost nothing on the bar on the right.






I like these more than I expected as well. I like the first side better. They make me think of sand dunes under an overcast sky. I like the Saturn rings effect on the second side of the bar on the left. I have no idea what I did that took the chunk off the side of the other bar. Yes, I know I need a beveler and a planer, but I don't sell and people are happy to take the soap as is so I haven't done the extra work. Color me lazy.






I anticipated that I would like these bars best as they have the most detail. But I like the bars just above this the best.



No comments :

Post a Comment