Friday, December 23, 2016


I managed to make some pretty translucent soap without trying. it was at a lighter trace when poured which made part of the difference, I'm sure, as this is my normal recipe. I always love that alabaster look although sometimes the soap bar itself feels slightly different in texture than when it's at a medium trace when poured. 





I tend toward more colorful soap but sometimes I have to come back to wonderful grays and black, which I love, every time, even though I tend to park these colors in the back of my mind for periods of time. It was a gray day and these were taken next tot he window in natural light. I probably should have adjusted the exposure on the pictures but I like how warm the wood feels and the slightly darker look of the whole thing. Not terribly artsy but I don't really care!



No comments :

Post a Comment