Sunday, October 18, 2015

Hangers abound

Our forum's challenge this month is secret feathers which started me on hanger swirls again. I had some good luck and some bad, as usual.

i like the color combo of the first one but am disappointed with the lack of fluidity in my swirls. It makes it look like I have a bad tremor.

In the second one, I had my hanger at the bottom (what looks like the top of the soap) but I pulled up the dividers first, stupidly, which knocked the hanger out of place so when I pulled it up, I completely missed all the colors. Looks kind of dumb as it is, but lesson learned.

The third soap is my favorite of the week and I've been trying to make something similar again but I haven't been able to get my trace right. In trying to make it agin, I discovered a love spell FO that actually accelerates some which was highly disappointing and so ended up with my unscented low batter batter being as thin as water and the scented part kind of gloppy. Should be interesting to see how the two consistencies play off each other. Or not. That one is currently under wraps trying to gel.

next month's challenge is drop swirls so I am trying to think of a good color combo or an interesting twist on that technique. I shall keep my eyes open, hoping for inspiration.

'Tis brief, but it's late and tomorrow is Monday, the start of another week to manage.





No comments :

Post a Comment