Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A few more whipped soaps

This was so interesting to work with. The texture is like pudding but it didn't continue to thicken throughout the coloring or pour like some FO's will. I had a lot of difficulty getting clean cuts and corners at least in part because of my own impatience but also because I couldn't seem to find the right window in which to cut. Some bars were very hard in a couple days so I could carefully trim and get a nice surface and others would still have soft posts even a few days out of my mold but I
d find out the hard way, by hitting an area of sticky soft soap, which would then gouge or fragment in some way, leading to the impossible task of ever making it look neat without cutting off half the bar. In the end, I just went with it. Trimming seemed way way messier than with normal batter which I think is because the soap is somewhat tackier when it's whipped and it would stick to everything.

Anyhow, I am very pleased to have a new technique to pull out and use and I'm sure I will do so again.





1 comment :

  1. I loved your blue and yellow whipped soap. Such a fun challenge it was!

    ReplyDelete