Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Busy

I've been busy getting the May Challenge set up and also making soap for someone wedding shower so haven't had time for monkeying around like I prefer. I did get a couple oddities made however, so i may as well show them

First one was made to try to get a certain blue fringe movement. It was much more difficult than I imagined, to try to get the splay I wanted. Soap moves all in the same direction once it's in a slab mold and it's difficult to get some of it move one direction and the part right next to it to move in the other using a method that gives it that organic, scattered in the wind feel.


I love the effect I got from this one, where soap leaked around an obstacle, giving this gentle muted play of colors.



Because I lost so much of my blues to the leak, the soap this ^ was meant to be in had a humungous proportion of greens and yellows, which were meant to be more concentrated in the middle. I was lost on this one and ended up making something that reminds me of a trilobite. Not my finest hour.


Onward and upward. Better soaping days ahead, I hope.

No comments :

Post a Comment