Wednesday, May 11, 2016

On the Fence

I saw a fantastic bar of soap made by Savonnerie du Chapitre which has a kind of outer space feel.


It was done with a surface treatment but how I would love to get that effect all the way through the bar! I thought I would try a multi-layer bar, each layer done with this technique and see if it took the feel all the way through. I can't say I am enchanted with my Pollackness; my spatters look too regular or too much or something I can't define. It's possible these will look better once the soap has gelled or in better lighting or cut into bars. I will sacrifice one and slice it into thin layers to see how it would look as someone uses it. It was very difficult on the last layer not to spin it or swirl it or move it around some to see what else the spatters can give rise to, so that will have to wait for another soap.

Each bar has these 6 layers:














I was trying for a certain type of ribbon pour but got a lot of variety based on how fast or slow I poured. Uncertain where to take this one.



No comments :

Post a Comment