Saturday, January 16, 2016

To continue the bird series....

I tried to make some Owl eyes because they are so intense. Unfortunately, the non-accelerating FO I used did accelerate (not really that surprising. It seems to happen all the time) which caused a fair amount of glopping. The eyes don't go all the way down because the batter was too thick but the effect overall is not too bad. One of my son's friends actually recognized them as owl eyes! That made me happy!




I may try again or I may try a couple feathers which have such beautiful patterns on them (in them?)

For our soap challenge, the B&W one, I opted for novel rather than skillful in terms of a pour and made a Jack Skelington, whom I love dearly.






And this is one of the most inspired soaps I have seen! Made by Cara Staab. Soap onthe left and inspiration photo on the right. LOVE IT.

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=58149&page=2


No comments :

Post a Comment