Sunday, July 24, 2016

Dissection of the last Ribbon Pour

Cut up a bar. This will be fun for the bather to look at all the way through its use, which is an important aspect for me.

A couple of the finished bars, first.

Edited to add that this has been a very fun soap to use, watching it morph through the layers. It's probably the favorite of the soaps I've ever made.





And after a little heat, the colors pop a bit more. It's difficult to tell in a photo but to the eye, the colors are definitely improved and the sharpness of the lines is more distinct. The bars will go in the oven for a bit after they are done saponifying for some heat therapy. I must say, the photos are almost indistinguishable from each other but I can watch the black deepen and the natural batter comes out more in addition to the lines being clearer when I am standing there! I swear it's true. I can also see it when running bars under hot water but alas, the camera is not backing me up.



No comments :

Post a Comment