Friday, July 22, 2016

Still trying

Different things with a ribbon pour. There are plenty of effects to go after, from kind of lacy to dark and mysterious to a bit of a tiger stripe. High contrast is my favorite but I used some colors that were of lower contrast and got soft dreamy pours, which are nice but I tend to prefer the pop of high contrast. I have been on a Moroccan Fig kick which is causing me some troubles in that late in the pour, the batter is thicker and is getting apple-saucy which is a texture that does not at all lend itself to this technique. I made the mistake of using a small percentage of a discoloring FO on the pink and gray soap, which was not my best idea but I still like the effect of the pour. I'm going to try for a nice tiger stripe through the entire bar next but then I might be done with this for a bit. We'll see.

I couldn't load pictures straight from my computer so had to take cell phone shots of the screen. Please excuse the bit of distortion.







No comments :

Post a Comment