Friday, August 26, 2016

Turkish Mocha

I've had this fragrance for quite some time and finally got around to soaping it. I'm not a big fan of food smells but the people I give soap to sure are, at least some of them. I used a heavy amount of Maya Gold Mica in part of the batter and it could usually show some sheen but I didn't gel, as I've been having issues with gelling lately, getting lots of crackle and sometimes huge pools of clear soap. I haven't been chancing it but since the ungelled soap is more opaque, I'm not getting the mica to come through as it otherwise would at the concentration I used it. Hopefully in someone's shower, the heat will help it come through. Maybe.


5 comments :

  1. Let's see if this posts twice, since all my others seems too. Love the swirl. Did the white come up from the bottom?

    And what is the fragrance?? Even if too foodie for you, I love how it sets off the Maya Gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's BB's Turkish Mocha and is too foody for me but other people like those kinds of scents. Yes the white and gold came up off the bottom. I love the patterns I get with this pour; this is the same type of pour that the soap "Redhead in a Bustier" came from, that I swapped you for your elephant soap.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete