Sunday, September 13, 2015

Liz, from Amber Waves of Soap, and I were talking about wall pours. We've seen a few over time and I've used the technique many times but to a different effect and end. I tried one of the more standard pours tonight which came out okay. I need more distinction between my colors and I didn't pour perfectly evenly from end to end. I like it but I like the ones I didn't pour quite as well a little better but only if they are upside down. Then they look like a tornado, kind of, and since I love severe weather photos and weather photos in general, they appeal to me more. And the Oz books carry a special place in my heart as I have and read a number of the old editions, favorites being Lucky Bucky in Oz (sitting on my dresser as we speak) and Ozma of Oz.

I made short videos of the two pours I did and will process them and post on our forum website. I'll get a link up when I have them done. The second pour is more randomly done and is probably more my style but we shall see after it has gone under the knife.

I am tearing my hair out trying to get a stupid picture from my phone. I have to default to my computer. Luddite.

Sweet mother of the little baby Jesus, it has taken me an HOUR to get access to edit this post and to get the pictures. Why, why, why??!?



The random pour



https://www.facebook.com/helka.finn/videos/830833577014360/?pnref=story


2 comments :

  1. Wonderful! Thanks for the tutorial and help! I love the colors, and am off to try this in my new log mold this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see yours! Or your second one, if the first one was too thick.

    ReplyDelete