Saturday, September 5, 2015

Orange and purple, revisited

I saw the woman whose dress inspired my first orange and purple soap and, lo and behold, she was wearing it again! I told her my first soap had not really been at all like her dress so she told me to take a picture of it, for future reference. I did, and I tried again. I had an odd experience making this soap though. The first side went relatively as expected except for my FO blend reversing trace. Oh, that can be a dangerous thing. It allows so much time to monkey around and often, you find you went too far with swirling only after you've ruined the soap. I had some self-restraint and I like the outcome. I rotated the picture of her dress but it won't stay rotated.





I flipped it and made the other side with the same colors and same FO blend, except this time it did not reverse trace at all, but accelerated. WTH? It was still workable but I didn't get what I envisioned. It usually doesn't bother me that much but I had the oddest feeling. It was almost like I didn't recognize the soap and I was irritated with it. No, I didn't wish to fling it across the room or any such thing; it was more like I wished to shove it away from me and have nothing to do with it. So odd! There is nothing fundamentally wrong with it and there are sections I liked but the overall sensation was one of rejection by me. I kept going back to look at it to see if my feelings changed but they didn't. I cut it and keep avoiding looking at the side I had no attachment to. Did I have a stroke? It makes no sense. I guess I should be happy it didn't happen when I looked at my kid-perspective is a valuable thing- but I still am perplexed by it.


I made another ITP pour using a discoloring FO for part, but the discoloring FO doesn't seem to be doing its job at least after several days. That figures. Then I tried two other another patterns for pouring but the FO is really taking its time to discolor, although I know it will go evertually as I made sure to put plenty of FO in. I have a different ITP planned to do today, so finger crossed something goes right!







1 comment :

  1. LOVE the purple and orange combo, and the back looks great from my perspective, even if the fo was misbehaving. Little nervous to try it out now!

    ReplyDelete