Saturday, May 21, 2016


Finally

It is pretty defeating when you have a run of making junk. I was trying for something particular and each batch was a bust. Nothing dreadful but they ended up being bars you'd look at and just not understand. The colors are fine but the look of the soap is somewhat perplexing. And I generally don't make anything bigger than a pound when I'm experimenting but something went awry in my head, or I was overconfident, and I made 10 bars of one and 7 bars of the other, so now I have 17 bars of bewildering soap, which ticks me off. I reverted to form last night, hoping I could make one good-looking batch and I completely took a break from my trial. This is also a color combo for a Ribbon Pour I've been meaning to try, the soaps below, but I had been planning on cutting a different direction. I couldn't but I'm happy I didn't because I like these bars and they will continuously change in looks as they are used, which I like. Of course, I now have only 4 bars to nice soap to balance my 17 others, but I have big plans for today, so hopefully things will even out!









I was making numerous batches of soap for a friend's daughter's wedding shower and they decided on white and teal/aqua. I made 7 different scents, all with non-discoloring FO's and I made a large batch of the mica so the color would be consistent. It's very unlike me to measure colorants but for this, I had measured amounts of TD and the mica for each part of the batch for consistency. Well, the "non-discoloring" description is a very relative thing. It's not glaring, but the whites don't all match and the aqua turned out somewhat different in each batch. Look at the one on the right!!! The color got so dark! I have to see what the mom thinks about the scents and the color differences and since each soap will be separated from the others for the individual attendees, they may not notice, but that batch on the right was a scent they asked for specifically, so we will have to see if it passes muster. That one is Peak's Black Raspberry Vanilla which everyone claims does not discolor. Right.



No comments :

Post a Comment