Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A bit of a boring soap week

Nothing much stellar came out of the soap pot this week, I must say. Trying too hard, or perhaps not trying nearly hard enough but it's difficult to say. I did manage to make myself laugh with this soap, which I call the Spinal Swirl, because it looks like a spinal column to me. I tell you, the potential seemed there and for Halloween, this could be cool using black and one of those glow in the dark pigments but on its own, I'm uncertain. It will discolor except for the pink. I used Mad Oils Vanilla Milk, which I like quite a lot. If you turned this upside down, it could look like a chorus line of people with their one leg out and their arm raised. Maybe. If you're on shrooms.



In preparation for an upcoming challenge, I was messing around with Chocolate and Coffee FO's and poured myself a Mocha Mountain. The bottom should get darker but never as dark as the top. I'm thoroughly enjoying watching this one morph.


This looks boring but I do love end pieces because the patterns get a little funky and interesting. The colors haven't come out completely yet but I really like this, although I can see where others would find this bland. Maybe I just like rooting for the underdog.



I'm supposed to be cleaning my house. Can you tell?

No comments :

Post a Comment