Thursday, July 16, 2015

Queen of Hearts

After a number of tries, I found a pattern that I really like and will be using again for certain. After playing a lot of poker with my son and his friends recently, the name Queen of Hearts just attached itself to this design. Next time I make it in my 9 bar mold, I will scale it so that one of the heart shapes is squarely in the middle of each bar. It looks good with contrasting colors, but I will have to try a few other color schemes for variation.

This is my entry for our forum's Challenge, which by my own rules requires revealing the pattern steps, so I will do so here as well.

I used white, black, green and a strong pink and poured in stripes.


Next, using a straw, I zigzagged across the mold.


I then added three rows of a series of round loops.



I did another series of smaller loops that went inside each of the larger loops. Don't ask me why this picture is turned 90 degrees. My phone has a mind of its own.



The last part is to pull a line down through the center of each set of loops. Gives a heart effect without being exact, which I prefer.



Close ups of each row. I love it!




No comments :

Post a Comment