Saturday, July 25, 2015

Not what I hoped

but then again isn't that often the case? But for having to take a fast plan B that had not been thought through, it's not too bad. The scent is heavenly, a mix of Plumeria and hardwood musk that was shared with me, which accelerates dreadfully (except when you want it to.) The person will never believe me.



Getting close, I think, to its ultimate color:


I used CS's Fruit Slices and BB's Champagne in a thickening batter last night and worked quickly because I thought I'd get shorted on time. It does not behoove one to assume a thick batter will continue on its trajectory. I stirred up 5 colors and poured and swirled- I really liked it. When I checked on it later, I became suspicious of its glossy glass-like surface and yes, oil on top. Not total separation but enough to completely annoy me when I realized that the FO's had reversed trace to the point of a bit of separation and I didn't pay attention because my mind was racing the clock. That batter was bordering on heavy trace when I added the scent and it never occurred to me that it would reverse trace that far. Now I'll probably end up with that funky texture of soap from pouring too thin. Damn you, soap, for giving me the ultimate working time and not smacking me upside the head to let me know!!!

I have an idea for a soap today and I will capitalize on my mistake from yesterday. Fingers crossed.

No comments :

Post a Comment