Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Soap Bar Challenge. 

Oh my my my. So busy making small batches of soap with various ingredients as my brain churns with possible photo ideas to meet the challenge of taking pictures of soap made near or with the origin of the ingredients, focusing on foods. I was able to set up some of the shoots fairly quickly but I sat in the garden watching bees buzzing everywhere my soap wasn't, no matter where I positioned it when I was trying to get a picture for honey. Clearly my honey fragrance oil is realistic only to me and not to them, even though I had dripped real honey down my soap to attract them. In almost two hours, only one bee decided to visit but I got my shot. I don't know if that one drew the short straw when they decided who would do what was needed to get the pathetic looking person whose sweat was distracting them from the heavenly aroma of flower nectars, out of their garden, or if that one bee was a Bee of Mercy, or perhaps just a little on the dim side. I was in love with that bee, no matter what the circumstance.

I have a few more upcoming and at least one in the works before the contest closes. Some of my ideas won't come to fruition but it was good to brainstorm and perhaps one day I will be able to put onto film (or equivalent) what I see in my head. Not all are good and my more fanciful ones are the ones that will remain in the files, for now.





No comments :

Post a Comment