Saturday, August 1, 2015

Blues and Oranges

I had to stop soaping for a few days due to low morale. Putting out three completely boring soaps in a row is a sharp pin in the balloon of a person's motivation, deflating creativity if not calling into question its existence in the first place. I think I need to take some classes or something, something visual like how to make a fresh and exciting soap.

I didn't make anything particularly fresh or unusual today but at least they came out. I've been meaning to make a blue and orange soap for some time and defaulted to the slab but without any particular pattern in mind, which can be a recipe for disaster, or deadly boring soap. It's not deadly boring, thankfully, but as has been happening lately, my brain cramped when presented with the opportunity to try a new pattern. Gah. Tomorrow the flip side will be done but I think I'll use orange and purples and try one of ebru patterns I saw. Because I'm too stunted to come up with one of my own.




The other is cut but the colors have to develop a bit. I'm having some trouble deciphering what happened inside it. It looks fine but again nothing too original. Hopefully, I will be lightning struck with superb dreams of colors and patterns tonight.

2 comments :

  1. The colors and patterns are gorgeous! I feel deflated when I don't accomplish what I set out for as well. It's hard to motivate myself after multiple failed attempts at a pattern. This, though, is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Miss Liz. I prefer to experiment but sometimes, if nothing comes of it for a number of tries, you have to go back and do something you know. One of these days I'll get my proportions down too.

    ReplyDelete